Saturday, January 3, 2015

Man Slits Lover’s Throat In Lagos

An angry man who slit his lover’s throat for turning down his marriage proposal at the Baruwa area of Lagos State has been arrested.
The police said the furious suspect used a blade and attempted to cut the lady’s throat, Boluwatife Ajayi, but failed.

The suspect, identified as Sikiru Henry, was alleged to have taken his lover to an uncompleted building located at Alhaja Wosilat Street, Baruwa area of the state on Wednesday to carry out the evil deed but was caught.

Henry was said to have pinned down the struggling lady and made to slit her throat, when some nearby residents heard her faint cry and dashed into the building.
They rescued her.

A witness, Oluwole Olalekan, who was sitting in front of his house when the cry of Ajayi was heard, said: “The boy was using the sharp razor to cut the lady’s neck and also trying to strangle her, so that she would not cry out for help.

“It was exactly some minutes to 11 and there was no light.
“I was sitting in front of my house to receive fresh breeze before going to bed when I heard a voice that shouted: ‘E gba mi o (Help me).’
“I decided to trace the voice.
“On getting to the uncompleted shop, I beamed my torchlight, only to find the boy sitting on the lady’s chest, trying to strangle her.
“I shouted thief!
“The man dashed off!
“I started shouting thief! Thief!
“I ran after him.
“Neighbours joined me in chasing him.
“Luckily, we were able to nab him.
“We handed him over to the police.
“There were deep cuts on three different areas on the lady’s neck.
“We took her to the nearby hospital.”

The suspect, whose t-shirt was covered with blood, said the victim was his lover and that he saw her off to the street but could not say what prompted him to harm her.

His words: “Bola is my girlfriend.
“She came to me for money to plait her hair, which I gave her N3,000 to do.
“On my way to see her off, I didn’t know what came over me but I only realized I used the razor in my pocket, which I used to cut my nail earlier, to cut her neck.

“She had offended me earlier.
“I wanted to kill her and kill myself.”

It was also gathered that policemen had retrieved the razor blade used by the suspect from the scene, while the victim’s blood was all over the place.

The Divisional Police Officer in Charge of Ipaja Police Station, a Chief Superintendent of Police, Ajewole Adebayo, said that the suspect has been arrested alongside some boys residing in the same place and investigations are in top gear to unravel the truth.

Adebayo commended the community for their efforts in ensuring that the suspect did not escape, assuring them that the case would soon be transferred to the higher authority before going to court.

He urged the community to intensify efforts to support the police.

When contacted, the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Kenneth Nwosu, said the victim is receiving treatment at a private Hospital, adding that she was responding to treatment.

http://theeagleonline.com.ng/man-slits-lovers-throat-for-turning-down-his-proposal/

No comments:

Post a Comment